|Tiêu đề: tai lieu thi anh van B Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:29 pm|
1. You can join the club when you ________ a bit older.
(A) will have got
(B) will get
(D) are getting
2. If you ________ your money to mine, we shall have enough.
3. I'll phone as soon as I ________ to London.
4. We decided ________ at home this afternoon.
(D) to stay
5. He kept ________ the same thing again and again.
(B) to repeat
(C) repeat to
6. They ________ our party about eleven.
(D) have left
7. Paul ________ with us for about nine days by now.
(A) have lived
(B) has lived
(C) had lived
8. Last year I ________ all of my books in my office.
(C) have kept
(D) has kept
9. I'm afraid I ________ my gloves when I was walking home.
(B) will loose
(C) has lost
(D) have lost
10. Mark prefers cycling ________ driving.
11. Your sister used to visit you quite often, ________?
(A) didn't she
(B) doesn't she
(C) wouldn't she
(D) hadn't she
12. After the way she treated you, if I ________ in your place, I wouldn't return the call.
13. I think that you had better ________ earlier so that you can get to class on time.
(A) to start to get up
(B) started getting up
(C) start getting up
(D) to get up
14. I have finished typing all ________ the last page.
15. There is no reason to ________ the man simply because you do not agree with him.
(A) insult and defame
(B) enhance and defame
(C) insult and deput
(D) animate and destroy
16. I'm a sharp cookie. There's no way anybody can pull the wool over my ________.
17. If that firm wants to attract workers, it must ________ the pay.
18. The lung transplant operation was ________ complicated and the doctors had to take special care to ensure its success.
19. Anne's boss is sometimes forgetful ________ the promises he has made.
20. I am glad so many people have passed the test. In fact, there were ________ who haven't.
(B) a little
(D) a few
1. The funeral will be ________, and only members of the dead man's family will attend.
2. Do you really believe ________ ghosts?
3. I enjoyed ________ her again after all this time.
(C) to see
(D) to seeing
4. I am sorry that I can't ________ your invitation.
5. When he was a boy, he was always willing to join in a ________ of football.
6. The next ________ of the committee will take place on Thursday.
7. Who ________ the boss tell him that?
(A) did hear
(B) does hear
8. His parents never allowed him ________.
(A) a smoking
(C) to smoke
(D) some smoked
9. I have absolutely no doubt ________ the innocence of the accused.
10. As James had distinctions in Chemistry and Biology in his Higher School Certificate Examination, I hoped to ________ one of these subjects at university.
(D) take part in
11. The room was infested ________ cockroaches.
12. In my company only executives are eligible ________ share option schemes.
13. Johnny is simply blind ________ his own shortcomings.
14. John was born ________ two intelligent people.
15. He took a taxi ________ he wouldn't be late.
(C) so that
(D) even so
16. He went to a school which ________ good manners and self- discipline.
17. She ________ 20 pounds out of the bank every Monday.
18. The lost of a front tooth has left an unsightly ________ in her teeth.
19. The terms toad and frog refer to different animals belonging to different genuses, and careful students ________ the two.
20. Although the terms toad and frog refer to different animals belonging to different genuses, some students ________ the two.
1. Mr. Walker's new ________ fitted so badly across the shoulders that he took it back to the shop to complain.
2. I'll go on holiday ________ I can.
(A) as soon as
3. Would you like ________ that for you?
(A) me doing
(B) me to do
(C) me do
(D) that I do
4. They ________ our new transistor radio before.
(A) never see
(B) are never going to see
(C) have never seen
(D) didn't see
5. She said she ________ to me, but she didn't.
(A) would have written
(B) will have written
(C) would write
(D) will write
6. If it ________ so late we could have coffee.
(D) not be
7. Frankly, I'd rather you ________ anything about it for the time being.
(B) didn't do
8. I wish that the weather ________ not so warm.
9. I walked away as calmly as I could ________ they thought I was the thief.
(A) or else
(B) to avoid
(C) owing to
(D) in case
10. Although he has ________, his poor writing often clouds his thoughts.
(A) a good penmanship
(B) excellent ideas
(C) good grammar
(D) good instructors
11. She's gone already? And I am only ________ minutes late!
(B) a few
(D) a little
12. When he was questioned by the police, the thief didn't ________ the truth.
13. To get money for some purpose is to ________.
(A) raise it
(B) donate it
(C) promote it
(D) increase it
14. I ran quickly ________ late.
(A) in order to be not
(B) in order not to be
(C) not in order to be
(D) in order to not be
15. I bought ________ yesterday.
(A) a trouser
(B) a pair of trouses
(C) a trouses
(D) the trouser
16. - What does he do for a living? - He is ________ .
(A) bus driver
(B) a bus driver
(C) bus' driver
(D) a bus's driver
17. ________ there in time, we must start now.
(C) To be
18. They have made a lot of progress ________ the country became independent.
19. The Boeing 747 is twice ________ the Boeing 707.
(A) bigger than
(B) as bigger as
(C) as big as
(D) more bigger than
20. They are hanging up their clothes to make them ________.
(B) being dry
. I go ________ school in the morning.
2. Would you like ________ to one of my friends about it?
(B) to talk
3. Mr Brown ________ me a very nice letter a few days ago.
(D) have sent
4. She ________ a very amusing article in one of the newspapers yesterday.
(D) had found
5. They are ________ their competition now.
(B) have started
6. He got ________ bronchitis and was taken to ________ hospital.
(A) a ... a
(B) the ... -
(C) - ... -
(D) the ... a
7. It was raining ________ so we couldn't go out.
(A) every days
(B) all day
(C) all the day
(D) all days
8. ________, please. I'll see if the manager is in.
(A) Hang up
(B) Hold on
(C) Ring off
(D) Ring up
9. Since your roommate is visiting her family this weekend, ________ you like to have dinner with us tonight?
10. The old man asked her to move because he ________ in that chair.
(A) used to sit
(B) was used to sit
(C) used to sitting
(D) was used to sitting
11. Excuse me, but it is time to have your temperature ________.
(B) to take
12. The ticket agent said that the plane would be boarding at ________.
(A) the gate six
(B) sixth gate
(C) gate six
(D) the six gate
13. At a potluck dinner, everyone who comes must ________ a dish.
14. Just put your coat in ________.
(A) the hall closet
(B) the closet of the hall
(C) the hall's closet
(D) hall closet
15. On the ________ to the town there is a beautiful wood.
16. But why did the police suspect you? It just doesn't make ________ to me.
17. If something is out of order, it is ________.
(A) not in working condition
18. The tenants were ________ not to disturb other tenants after 1p.m.
19. This house ________ five rooms.
(B) consists of
(C) is consisted
(D) is consisted
20. I don't know where he lives; I don't ________ know who he is
(B) as well
1. Take the juice ________ the fridge.
(B) out of
2. You can eat ________ you like!
(A) as much that
(B) as much
(C) so much
(D) as much as
3. After the battle, the ________ soldiers were helped by those who could walk.
4. I apologise ________ not writing sooner.
5. I do ________ I could speak French well.
6. Don't you think you ought ________ much harder?
(B) is working
(C) work to
(D) to work
7. His parents made him ________ very hard.
(B) to work
(C) work to
(D) be working
8. They ________ Spanish for about two years so far.
(A) have studied
(B) had studied
9. We ________ it with Tom and Jane a month ago.
(A) have discussed
(B) had discussed
10. We eat ________ soup with ________ spoon.
(A) a ... a
(B) the ... the
(C) - ... -
(D) - ... a
11. Since they aren't answering their telephone, they ________.
(A) must have left
(B) should have left
(C) need have left
(D) can have left
12. If you want to find good information about graduate programs in the United States, look in ________ of the College Blue Books.
(A) volume two
(B) volume second
(C) the volume two
(D) second volume
13. Almost every citizen of a large city suffers ________ of organized crime.
(A) from the deletion
(B) from the depredations
(C) as a result of the debility
(D) with the tenaciousness
14. Her feeling of ebullience was so contagious that all the other patients ________.
(A) began to weep
(B) were soon smiling
(C) became very anxious
(D) manifested signs of distress
15. Our Constitution was based on the belief that the free interchange of ideas ________ the preservation of a democratic society.
(A) would sure help
(B) can devastate
(C) may help to preserve
(D) is essential to
16. If you take a train or a bus, you must pay a ________.
17. ________ we had driving in the country!
(A) How wonderful day
(B) What wonderful day
(C) What a wonderful day
(D) What the wonderful day
18. He went to a seaside resort because he was ________ on water-skiing.
19. How ________ meat did you buy?
20. There is no necessary connection between a dollar and what can be purchased for a dollar; the value of money is ________ and can be ________ by supply and demand.
(A) arbitrary ... altered
(B) predetermined ...overruled
(C) conventional ... inspired
(D) lackluster ... improve
Hãy cám ơn bài viết của Admin bằng cáh bấm vào "" nhe!!!